“Spaghetti and meatballs, yay!”
“No Naim, it’s eggplant”
As I explained to my 3 year old son, it may look like meatballs, but there is no meat required to enjoy this quick and tasty meal!
(No time to read? Download and take for later Eggplant Parmesan Recipe (1) )
(1) large Eggplant (Aubergine)
(1) 16 oz Can/ Jar of pasta sauce
(1) 8 oz or 16 oz package of mozzarella (depending on your need for cheese lol)
(1) cup Flour
(1) cup of breadcrumbs
Italian seasoning (optional)
Vegetable oil (for frying)
(1) roll Italian Bread
(1) Tablespoons Olive oil
(2) tablespoons minced Garlic
- Rinse and cut your eggplant into cubes.
- Beat the two eggs, and pour them over the eggplant chunks. Make sure to coat evenly.
- Mix flour and breadcrumbs, coat eggplant, then shake off excess.
- Heat your oil on the stove. I love to use a wok because they distribute heat more evenly I notice.
- Drop in your eggplant chunks to fry. You may need to do more than one batch. Leave room in between them to avoid over crowding.
- Fry until GOLDEN BROWN and they float freely in the oil.
- Use slotted spoon to remove cooked eggplant from hot grease, allow to drain in a colander.
- Layer your baking pan: eggplant, sauce, cheese, until you fill your dish.
- Garnish with Italian seasoning
- Place in oven to melt cheese and heat sauce. Cook times are approximate, but about 20 minutes at 350 degree should do!
- cut bread
- spread oil
- add garlic
- toast in oven broil for 5 minutes (yes, it’s that simple!)